Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Johnny's Trading Spot Trades Me Some Illustrated Cards of the Sporting Type

Between work and my current box busting, I've gotten a bit behind in posting some of the various mail packages that have arrived at the Grande household over the past week or so.  Tonight, it's time to remove one such package from the "to be posted" pile!

This one is a nice, simple PWE from John over at Johnny's Trading Spot.  John mentioned to me that he had a few of the 1998 Fleer Sports Illustrated cards that I needed.  In return, he only asked for a few Braves cards.  That's a great trade for me - I got to dump off some of my unwanted Braves and in return got five cards closer to completing another set!

John sent me a pair of Hideki Irabu's that I needed - but I'll spare all of you the agony of having to lay eyes on two of the same Yankee player (albeit different cards) in a post.  Instead, I'll show off this intense Charles Johnson card (also courtesy of John).

That's a great looking card - though I didn't know it until I turned it over that it's actually not from the set I'm trying to collect but rather from the other Fleer Sports Illustrated set also put out in 1998 (the 90s were a confusing time for baseball cards).  In fact, I would say 90s baseball cards sets were like Bowman today, except for every single brand.

Luckily, the other four cards (counting the two Hideki cards) were needed - here's the two non-Yankees.

Thanks for the trade John - and as for anyone else, check out my want list and make an offer if you'd like to do a swap.

Comments