Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

More Mini Posters!

I have to admit, I was hoping I'd get the full set from the 1998 Sports Illustrated box but I never did the math to see if it's even possible.  The base set contains 200 cards - and with only five cards per pack you'd actually need 40 packs (with no inserts and perfect collation).  Obviously, that isn't possible.  Luckily, I do have a few of the base cards from my purchases back in 1998 - but it'll take a heckuva lot of luck for me to have the full set by the time I'm done ripping the box.  As such, you can expect another set to be added to my want list in the near future!

Pack 17:
1.  Edgardo Alfonzo
52.  Mark Grudzielanek
103.  Manny Ramirez

115.  Sammy Sosa
162.  Paul Konerko

Mini poster:
21.  Matt Stairs

Another pair of doubles in the pack - Sosa and Konerko.  That's annoying - and it continue to put a damper on any expectations that I might have had for this box in terms of completing the set!

Pack 18:
17.  Ellis Burks
119.  Jim Thome
133.  Craig Biggio
143.  Andy Pettitte
170.  Dennis Reyes

Mini poster:
11.  Tony Clark

I like the mini posters!  I don't like getting two more duplicates (this time it's Biggio and Reyes who are the culprits).


Comments