Friday, February 21, 2014

Gotta Wear Shades When You Open Topps Tek!

I've enjoyed hosting the group break thus far - and I have to admit, having such an active bunch of people following along (and commenting) has made it 100% more enjoyable for me.  I hope everyone is finding the pace of the break to be satisfactory - hopefully I get enough packs busted and posted each day to keep you happy, but not so many that things go by unnoticed!

For now, we return to a set that definitely hasn't gone by unnoticed over the years - Topps TEK.

Pack 13:
4-9.  Ivan Rodriguez - Rangers

As you know, I'm a math guy so I like to keep track of various statistics.  One of things I track during my group breaks is the number of scans that I do for each team.  I try my best to make sure to show all inserts and other cards of note, but I also strive to show cards from all claimed teams at a somewhat even pace.  The Rangers were due for a scan - so you get one despite me not really liking the pattern design of this card.
12-12.  Shawn Green - Dodgers
28-10.  Rick Ankiel - Cardinals
DP3.  DramaTEK Performers:  Ken Griffey Jr. - Reds

The second Griffey Jr. insert out of the TEK box!  It's not quite as cool as the die-cut we pulled earlier but I'll still take it!  

Pack 14:
12-14.  Shawn Green - Dodgers
26-12.  Scott Rolen - Phillies
27-8.  Tony Gwynn - Padres

A nice card of Gwynn.  I do like the signature background, kind of interesting.
37-13.  Corey Patterson - Cubs
A12.  ArichTEKs:  Sammy Sosa - Cubs

If you are counting along, that's five cards in the pack - we somehow got an extra card (I won't complain)!  I scanned the back of the Sosa since A) no one claimed the Cubs so no one must care and B) the back is hilarious.

6 comments:

CaptKirk42 said...

So far the pace of the break has been pretty good. Two or three posts a day is fine. No Cubs love? We'll be sorry when they win the World Series in 2016. Oops did I let a future event slip? :D

Mark Hoyle said...

Like the pace so far.. First break I've been involved in.. So I do t have anything to compare it too. It keeps it interesting

The Junior Junkie said...

So many awesome Griffeys!!!

Stubby said...

I know I don't comment much--or at all, really--but I love the way you're doing this. It gives me something to look forward to every day (as opposed to breaking everything all at once or over a few days) and you're mixing it up really well. Can't hardly wait for you to tap into that last untouched box.

Tony L. said...

I am a newbie like Mark, and I look forward each day to 8 AM, 12:30 PM, and then the evening post -- whenever it may come -- each day to see how I'm doing! Thanks for running this, and thanks for mixing it up too. It does keep it interesting.

Crackin Wax said...

Man, I need to poach some of your breakers so I can get my Turkey Red filled ;)

Post a Comment