Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Priority Flat Rate Box Exploration: Team Bag #3 from 2x3 Heroes!

Welcome back to the third (of seven) installments of my Priority Flat Rate Box Exploration courtesy of a trade with Jeff over at 2x3 Heroes!  The first team bag I opened was full of Pirates, the second full of Reds, what team is this one full of?

Answer:  The Orioles

(You didn't see that one coming, did you?)

Let's take a look at some of the goodies from Jeff in this particular team bag.

Unlike the Reds (and to a lesser extent, the Pirates), my connection to the Orioles is much weaker.  That said, I did need some new Baltimore trade bait as the O's (along with the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Braves) are usually my four teams with the lowest trade bait reserves.  Happily, I did land some nice stuff for trading - perhaps someone will want some of these goodies in exchange for some stuff I'm looking for!

We begin our tour of new trade bait with a serially numbered gold parallel of Chris Davis - a guy who (along with his teammate Adam Jones) pretty much carried my fantasy baseball team last year.

Our next stop is an insert from the Timeless Talents insert set from 2012 Topps.

I can't say that this particular design does much for me (I'm basically sick and tired of the "pair a legend with a current guy" insert set mold that Topps has been doing for the last decade or so).  That said, I could imagine a few of you would like this one...(I would want it if Frank Robinson was featured as a Red instead of an Oriole).

The third card that caught my eye in the this particular team bag was a bit of a surprise because it's a Bowman card that I don't hate!

I know it's strange, but this Bowman design is actually quite palatable.  For the record, it's from the 2012 set (can anyone name the various Bowman designs by year)?!

The final two cards from this team bag were the two that I'm most likely to keep for myself - a pair of Cal Ripken All-Star cards (1989 and 1990).

Once again, thanks for the goodies Jeff - even if it does give me that much more to organize ;).  If anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. This is a great idea. Jaybarkerfan just sent me two flat rate boxes, and showing them off by team bag seems like a great solution. I'm going to steal this format. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment