Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 273: 1993 Pinnacle - #22

Barry Larkin
Year:  1993
Brand:  Pinnacle
Card number:  22

The Pinnacle brand never appealed to me much as a kid.  I'm not exactly sure why - this is a fairly nice looking card if I try to remain objective in my current views!  The front features a standard shot of Larkin batting along with the team name at the top of the card.  I think having three different fonts on the front was a mistake by Pinnacle, but otherwise it's a decent design.  The back of the card features a head shot of Larkin along with a brief bio and the Reds' running man logo (all great additions).  You only get one year's worth of statistics though (something I hated as a kid - and kind of still do).  This is also the second Larkin card in the 1993 Pinnacle set (the other one has already been showcased on my blog here).  In the end, I think Pinnacle got a bit of an undeserved bum rap with me, but at least my Larkin Collection has helped to open my eyes (even if I still have no plans to ever collect the 1993 set in its entirety)!

Comments