Featured Post

More Trade Stack Returns (This Time from All Tribe Baseball)!

I'm pleased to report that I'm making actual headway on a lot of the tasks I had defined for myself at the start of the summer.  Now that my vacation (and subsequent work trip) are over, I'm hopeful that I'll soon be able to actually check things off my list of summer tasks!

One thing that I haven't done as well as I would have liked so far is getting caught up posting all my trade packages.  I hope to remedy that over the next few days (weeks?) on the blog!  No better time to start then now - so here's a recent envelope from Jack over at All Tribe Baseball.

Jack claimed one of my trade stacks in which he promised to send me this gorgeous Brandon Phillips short print from 2014 Heritage.

It's always great to track down another short print - and it's even better when it's a player or team that I like!  For me, that one card would have been plenty for the trade stack (after all, that's the idea - I get rid of a pile and in return I get one card that I need).  However, Jack had other plans...

He sent me a really nice Tony Cingrani Gypsy Queen mini card from this year's set (a set that I have steadfastly refused to buy though I'll certainly not turn down Reds from the set)!

In addition, Jack sent along a smattering of other Reds from a variety of years and sets - of those I picked three to highlight starting with this 1993 Topps Gold parallel of Tom Browning.

I always liked Browning - and this card is great in its simplicity.  It's no frills - but it's still somewhat evocative.  Not easy to do - so kudos to Topps' photographers for this hidden gem within the underappreciated 1993 set!

Next up, a set that really doesn't deserve any appreciation - 1988 Donruss.

This card is worthy of a scan though because of Franco's face.  Can you find a baseball card featuring a player with a more confused looking face than this one?  It's almost as if Franco is saying "you say you are going to surround me with jack-o-lantern colors - why?!"

Finally, from the confusing to the simply absurb (in a wam!  bam! sort of way):

How can you not smile when you see a Topps Kids card?  Oh sure, you might not want 100 of 'em, but one or two of guys you collect?  Yes please.  Also, I love the batter in the upper right saying "bye-bye" to a ball he just hit.  Good stuff!

Thanks for the great cards Jack - and for claiming one of my Trade Stacks.  As for anyone else who might want to trade, be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment