Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Digging into the Box XV: The Only Good Bowman is Shiny Bowman!

It's been a couple of weeks since I last dug into the box of cards from my brother (I'm almost done with the second of four boxes)!  Today, we take a look at one of the largest remaining piles of cards in the box:

2012 Bowman Chrome

Now, my brother knows that I don't care for the Bowman line (at least for the most part) but he still threw a bunch of the Bowman Chrome cards in there for me.

As it turns out, I have to say that this is actually a nice set - much nicer than I expected for the Bowman name!  Of course, it helps that this set is full of guys that I've actually heard of rather than a bunch of could-be's and never-will-be's.

According to the checklist I found online, the entire base set is only 220 cards.  Thanks to the large stack my brother sent me, I'm at least somewhat tempted to try and track down the remaining cards that I'd need to finish off the set...  Ok, ok, I'm not exactly tempted to do that but I do appreciate the cards (and a number of them will end up in my personal collection for sure)...

For now, I pulled out one copy of each card and then set aside the duplicates for use as future trade bait (and perhaps future fodder for my Trade Stack feature)!
Once again, thanks for the cards bro!  There's still another stack remaining in box #2 and then it's on to the third box!

PS:  All the cards I scanned for this post are duplicates so if you are interested in any of them let me know!

Comments