Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Guess What? More 2014 Allen & Ginter's Packs!

At my current rate of three posts per day with two packs per post, I should be finishing off my first of four hobby boxes of 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter today.  If so, that means we are sure to have at least one more hit today as well since I've only found two of the promised three to date!  Let's keep ripping.

Pack 19:
50.  Orlando Hernandez
134.  Jordan Zimmerman
143.  Eddie Mathews
246.  Dwight Gooden
270.  Ryan Howard
290.  Hanley Ramirez
Pastime's Pastimes:  Tom Glavine
Reg. mini:  232.  Ozzie Smith

Not a lot to write home about (or even write a blog post about) in that pack.  The mini Ozzie was the clear highlight - one of the few Cardinals that I don't mind.

Pack 20:
76.  Cal Ripken Jr.
87.  Alex Gordon
89.  Chuck Todd
191.  Jordan Burroughs
203.  Jared Weaver
299.  Enny Romero
Pastime's Pastimes:  Ted Williams

I don't think "veteran" should count as a pastime.  The card does mention that Williams also likes to fish (and once caught a 1,235 pound black marlin).  Fishing is a pastime - but I guess that isn't as impressive as veteran on the back of a baseball card.
Black bordered mini:  180.  Ryan Riess

Code ad card

Well, four packs remain - one of them better hold a hit (and hopefully it's something great)!  I don't think I could make my money back from this box so far (or even come close).  However, this is only the first of four boxes so who knows what might happen!

Comments