Featured Post

Gint-a-Cuffs: Polar Bears and Sopwith Camels!

It's hard for me to believe that beginning next I start having to head back to work...  Classes begin two weeks from today - I probably should start making photocopies of my syllabus, homework, etc.  While that stuff is important to get done, I'd also like to finish off my Gint-a-Cuffs box before school starts - so let's get closer to checking something off of my to-do list!

When we last looked at the box, I was sitting at 131.6 points.  Let's try to add to that total today.

Pack 17:
39.  Chris Sale
79.  Matt Adams
107.  Will Middlebrooks
206.  Willie McCovey
254.  Maria Gabriela Isler
336.  Wily Peralta
Reg. mini:  326.  Mike Olt
Air Supremacy:  11.  Sopwith Camel

The Chris Sale is a favorite player (+2), the Peralta is a short print (+2), and the Sopwith Camel is worth +4 points thanks to the random bonus in the rules!  Finally, the Olt is a short printed mini worth another 3 points.  Not a bad pack.

As an aside, whenever I hear about the Sopwith Camel my mind instantly goes to the Peanuts comic strip:
Image source:  http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/January_1966_comic_strips

Pack total:  11 points
Running total:  142.6 points

Pack 18:
4.  Edwin Encarnacion
70.  Dr. James Andrews
146.  Max Scherzer
166.  Mike Napoli
187.  David Price
222.  Danny Salazar
Pastime's Pastimes;  Ryan Bruan
World's Deadliest Predators:  Polar Bear
Ad for the Code

The Braun is worth 2 points (which seems generous to me) and the Polar Bear is worth 3 points.  Nothing else scores here which makes for a rather uninspiring Gint-a-Cuffs pack.

Pack total:  5 points
Running total:  147.6 points

Comments