Featured Post

2015 Topps Jumbo Case Group Break: Box #6: Pack-by-Pack (Packs 4 - 5)

Before I get to the next pair of packs out of the final group break box, I would like to invite you to check out this morning's post where I laid out a few options for my next group break.  As always, I rely on all of you to make my group breaks a success...they are a lot of work, but they are also a lot of fun when I can fill the breaks up!

Let me know - and then come back here to see what we get in the middle couple of packs from our final box.

Box 6:
Pack 4:

We begin our next pack with another horizontal base card - and it's a great one!  The Kipnis is heading to Play at the Plate since he claimed the Indians (among other teams).

The rest of the pack was fairly uneventful besides a Matt Kemp (Dodgers) rainbow parallel.  Oh yeah, and one more card...

...yeah, our final autograph of the break!  This is a Grant Balfour auto for the Rays (which means defgav has a new autograph for his collection now)!  Despite the sticker, I think Topps did a much better designing the autograph set this time around...the auto complements the card nicely!

Pack 5:

We finish off the first half of the final box with a pretty boring pack if I'm being honest.  For me, there was only one card worth scanning - and it's a very flat-headed Bob Humphreys of the Chicago Cubs.

This is a buyback of a 1966 Topps card so at least it is suitably vintage.  I do find it a bit painful though that Topps is actively removing old Topps' cards from the marketplace by stamping them with a new logo stamp.  This is one less Humphreys card out there for collectors trying to complete their own '66 set!

There will be a couple more posts to finish off this box and then we can put this group break to rest!  Once we do, I hope to return and finish off the last couple of Better Know a Blogger posts...I have some that are a long time coming now!

Comments