Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 343: 1995 Upper Deck - #405 - Electric Diamond Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Upper Deck
Parallel set:  Electric Diamond
Card number:  405

The 1995 Upper Deck set pretty much completely escaped me when I was a kid so getting the regular Larkin base card was one of my first exposures to the set.  The only difference between the regular base card and the Electric Diamond parallel is that the parallel has a larger, all-foil logo in the upper right corner.  If you know anything about me, you know that more foil does not generally equal a more favorable impression...and that holds true here.  This is another example of a completely pointless parallel that only player collectors have a reason to chase.

I really do pity people who collect current players where every set seems to have at least five different parallels of varying degree of rarity.  Having one pointless parallel set is bad enough for me to track down!

Comments