Featured Post

Delivery Time! Not Everyone Can Rock an Argyle Sweater!

Today's mail day post is exciting for me because I'm now officially all caught up in terms of posting packages from other bloggers.  Or, at least I am as of February 23 when I actually wrote this post!  After this post, I have one more package that I want to show off but that's an eBay purchase from a month or so ago.

Of course, I'll soon be busy with the group break so that final package might get put on the back burner (again)!

No matter, today we take a look at a nice little envelope full of cards courtesy of Gregory over at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle.  I had mailed Gregory a selection of Allen & Ginter cards awhile back and in return Greg hooked me up with some Ginter that I needed...plus a few other goodies!

After a number of months of making virtually no progress on my 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's set, I have managed to acquire quite a few cards in the recent days.  Gregory helped me out by sending me this Pastime's Pastimes card of Yu Darvish that I needed.

I like the look of the Pastime's Pastimes set quite a bit - which is good since it's a huge set!  In fact, I would hazard a guess that this is one of the best all-time designs for a large insert set put out by Topps!

Greg also sent a trio of mini Ginter Reds my way - all of which are appreciated even though I'm not going to try to collect the full mini set in 2014.

The final Ginter card of the package was this Jay Bruce relic.  It's a plain white bit of cloth but it's still a nice looking relic - you can't beat Ginter's framed relic design if you ask me!

Being the swell guy that he is, Greg also threw in a few assorted "bonus" Reds for me including this Jay Bruce Heritage chrome card.

I didn't collect the 2010 Heritage set so this one is an instant keeper!  It is interesting to note that the Heritage Chrome 2010 cards curve quite a bit - much like the regular 2010 Topps Chrome set.  I wonder what Topps did differently that year?

The final card of the package might actually be the best one of all...

That's a Dutch Dotterer 1959 Topps card.  Not the Heritage reprint...it's an original!  It might be off center by a bit (or more precisely, a lot), but it is still a great looking card!

Many, many thanks Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments