Featured Post

Monday, Monday, Monday (TCDB)

2015 Topps Archives Group Break: Box #7 (Another 1:70 Short Print for the Group Break!)

I got a bit behind in terms of sorting and scanning the group break cards thanks to issues well beyond my control (mostly Mother Nature).  However, I'm getting back on track - and I can report that I have all of the AL teams' base cards sorted and ready to go.  Next up is the giant stack of NL cards and then a trip to the post office!

Before I can do that though, I need to finish going through the remaining four boxes of the group break - and yes, there's some pretty great stuff remaining!

For box #7, our big hit was most definitely this Hoyt Wilhelm short print for the Giants.

A big congrats to P-Town Tom here - not the last nice card that Tom will get in this particular box!

You may notice that I didn't start this post with the Topps Game cards - I got sick of scanning 'em so I'm taking a break...no other reason for that.  I will, however, scan the rarer stuff such as the one-per-box buyback card.

This boxes' representative heads off to BMan who has the Rangers - a pretty nice Jim Fregosi 1974 Topps cards.  Fregosi is probably the best name various buyback cards from this case for what it's worth.

Our Will Ferrell card is the Padres' "play at the fence" card.

The back of this card doesn't have much information about Ferrell's time as a Padre, though it does say that he bought 200 hot dogs for fans at Salt River Fields.  That was nice.

Moving along to the parallels - this box was light on the parallel action, only one silver parallel base card.

That's Travis d'Arnaud of the Mets (so congrats Buckstorecards)!  The card is numbered 011/199 for those that are interested.

That leads us to the two autographs.  We'll begin with a Pete Incaviglia Rangers card - another nice score for BMan in the box!

I don't really blame Pete for shortening his last name to simply "L" on his signature...but it's still kind of lame looking for the collector!

The other autograph is a really nice looking Mark Grace card in the 1989 Topps design.

I've said it before, but the 1989 autographs look sharp in this set!  P-Town Tom picked up the Cubs so he gets another nice score to finish off the seventh box of the break.

For what it's worth, I think this box was the worst of the second half of the case without a doubt...the next three boxes all contain at least one great card - so stay tuned!

Comments