Featured Post

2015 Allen & Ginter: Box 1 - Packs 21 - 24 (The First Autograph of the Case!)

It has taken awhile to write-up and scan all the cards from my first box of 2015 Allen & Ginter - but the slower pace has definitely helped me enjoy the cards as I open them up!  I hope everyone is enjoying the journey as much as I am!

Now though, we've reached the end of box #1!  Here are the final four packs.

Box 1:
Packs 21 - 24:

Beginning with the base cards, this time around I was hard-pressed to find a base card worth scanning.  I almost went with Mike Trout (just because he's Mike Trout) but in the end I chose the Darren Rovell card instead.  Why you ask?  Well, I'm curious why there are so many ESPN personalities scattered about this year's Allen & Ginter set.  It sure seems like a lot more than usual to me (though I admit I didn't do an ounce of research to back up my assertion).

Oh and did I mention that the final four packs provided another three short prints?!   I ended up with 20 short prints in 24 packs...unbelievable!

My minis were mostly lackluster this time around as well - three regular minis and one A&G back of Zack Greinke.

At least the Greinke is a Dodger so someone out there will want it.

I pulled three more of the Starting Points cards - and while at first I thought I liked that set I have to admit that I pretty much just skip by them now.  I'm sure when I go to put all my cards in a binder that I'll read the backs of each card, but for now they simply don't grab my attention.

Happily, the other full-sized inserts do grab my attention.  I only landed one more such card in this batch, but it's a good one.

That's another Ancient Armory card - and this time it's celebrating an H-shaped hand gripped blade that is native to India.  The Katar is apparently known as a Tiger Knife since some Indian noblemen used the Katar to take down Tigers.  That's some crazy stuff if you ask me - no way I'm fighting a Tiger with what is essentially brass knuckles with a steak knife attached.

The final card of box #1 is the final hit of the box - and it's an autograph!

Ok, it's not the best autograph out there, but I'll take it!  I love the framed autographs...and since they are seeded 1:54 packs, they aren't the easiest pulls.  Interestingly (to me at least), the framed mini relics are even rarer at 1:61 packs!

That's it for box #1!

Overall, I have to say that it was a fun box.  I didn't pull anything super rare or awesome but I did land a boat load of short prints.  The rarest pull was probably the no number mini.  I was happy to get a nice assortment of inserts though I was bummed to only pull four mini insert cards (they are seeded 1:5 packs overall so most boxes should contain five such inserts).  Even so, I can't complain much - and this box should hopefully serve as a nice warm-up for the rest of the case!


Comments