Featured Post

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 4 - Packs 9 - 12 (Magna Carta and the Hydra)

Before I get to today's packs, let me take a moment to plug my current eBay auctions.  I have actually busted the entire case now - and my first round of auctions are up - you can find them all here.  I'd love any support or advertising you can send my way - after all, I need to do well with this year's sales in order to afford next year's case of Ginter!

-----

Another day, more Ginter love!  I'm cranking through my case of 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter (did anyone notice that the title of the set is now Allen & Ginter rather than Allen & Ginter's)?  I guess Topps got sick of everyone saying it wrong and so they just changed it to make it fit what most of us say anyhow.

Anyhow, today we start off with another quartet of packs.  Enjoy!

Box 4:
Packs 9 - 12:

Once again, I feel compelled to scan the non-living base card subjects.  The Magna Carta is worthy of inclusion in Ginter and so I am glad to see it make an appearance!

The middle four packs produced four minis (of course) but all four were of the base card variety.  Two were regular back and two were A&G back including a short printed Mike Napoli.

Moving to the full-sized stuff, I pulled another 10th Anniversary buyback (a 2010 Da Vinci card) but I didn't scan it because who cares?  I do care about the Menagerie of the Mind cards though and I got another new one for my collection.

The Hydra is pretty cool though Hercules put an end to the nine-headed creature according to the myth!

The other full-sized card was another Ancient Armory card, this time featuring the Chu Ko Nu.

The Chu Ko Nu is also known as a repeating crossbow and it dates back to the 3rd century in China.  According to the card back, you can think of the Chu Ko Nu as the AK-47 of its day...pretty strong praise for a weapon!

That does it for this group of four packs.  Not the most exciting box so far (other than the 10th Anniversary parallel I suppose).  Let's hope the second half picks up the excitement level a bit!

Comments