Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 381: 1996 Topps Stadium Club - #271 - Extreme Player Insert (Silver)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Topps Stadium Club
Insert set:  Extreme Player (Silver)
Card number:  271

In 1996, Topps ran a promotion where if you had a specific player who was identified as a winner (based on Topps' formula), you would win a prize.  There were three levels of entry cards, bronze, silver (which is what this card is), and gold.  Barry Larkin ended up being a winning card (and so if I had owned this card back in 1996 I could have turned it in for the silver prize (an "extreme winners" set of the 10 winners done on Finest-style chromium stock).

Unfortunately for me, I didn't own this card back then...but that is ok since I happen to own the silver prize card!  The only prize card that I still need to track down is the gold prize version.  I also don't own either the bronze or gold entry cards (they basically look just like this one except with the requisite bronze or gold foil and stamping as far as I know).

Comments