Featured Post

Delivery Time! All the Way to the Backstop Goodies

Over the past few weeks, I've watched my trade counter go from the mid-20s all the way to it's current total of 37 packages for the year. That total doesn't include any group break packages - it's a counter of pure trade packages that I've sent out for the year.  All things considered, I'd say I'm doing my part to help the post office out...even if I am way off my pace of some previous years (166 trades in 2011 for instance)!  Actually, I don't even know how I managed to pack up 166 packages in 2011...

No matter, the great thing about trading is that I get rid of stuff I no longer want or need and in return I get stuff that I do want.  My latest swap was with Marcus over at All the Way to the Backstop - and you can read about his end of the trade by clicking that link.

For me, Marcus sent over a pretty decent sized stack of 2015 Topps Archives base cards.  I'm still trying to collect the entire base set (my want list is here) - and Marcus was able to help me out quite a bit.

Since this year's Archives set is made out of three previous Topps' designs, I figured I'd show off my favorite card from the trade from each of those designs.

We begin with David Price in a 1983 tribute design.

I guess Topps went with 1983 as a tribute to Tony Gwynn.  Seems like a sort of weak tribute to be honest but whatever.  This card actually isn't all that interesting but it beat out the rest of the '83 designs that Marcus sent me.

Next, we turn our attention to card #1 in the set - Clayton Kershaw.

Kershaw's card is pretty nice - and yes, I think it's a good way to start off this year's edition of Topps Archives.  I like having a rather iconic shot to being my binder page for the set and the Kershaw fits that bill quite nicely.

Finally, Roberto Clemente makes an appearance.

I'm not sure that it's necessary to have retired stars in a set like Archives - I think the "fan favorite" autographs are a better inclusion but then again I just picked a superstar to show off on my blog.

I guess that makes me a hypocrite.

Thanks again for the great trade Marcus!  And now, here's hoping I can continue my march towards 40 trades on the year!

Comments