Featured Post

I Love the Smell of Cards That I Need!

While I fully expect blog card trading will pick up with the upcoming release of Allen & Ginter's baseball, it has been rather quiet over the past couple of weeks here at casa de Nachos.  Luckily for me, I have received at least a couple of trade packages - and that's what I'm here to show off today.

This time around, we have a small cardboard box full of goodies courtesy of Tim over at I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning.

Tim helped me out with a bunch of different set needs beginning with this Ben Revere "Robbed" card from 2015 Topps.

Now, I only need three more from that insert set before I can say that it is complete.  I will admit that I haven't even bothered to look to see if the set continues in Series 2...and if it does continue, does it pick up with the same set numbering?  Heck, for that matter I haven't even tried to pick up a single pack or blaster of Series 2.  I might not even bother at this point.

While I may not put much effort into Topps' flagship set, I am going after a different Topps' set from this year:  Archives.  Tim sent me a healthy stack of base cards (which I won't scan) as well as a pair of the Will Ferrell insert cards.

I'm now within two cards of completing the Ferrell insert set.  Speaking of Ferrell, my wife and I are currently watching True Detective on HBO and I just saw my first advertisement for Ferrell's special where he played for the ten teams commemorated in the insert set.  Needless to say, that show is on my "must watch" list!

The third set that Tim helped me out with goes back quite a ways...all the way back to 1999.  That's right, 1999.

It's been awhile since I've been able to reduce my late 90s want list - and Tim helped me out big time by providing me six cards from 1999 Fleer Ultra.

Thanks to the cards, I'm now within 16 cards of completing the 1999 Fleer Ultra set.  I have a feeling that I'll eventually have to resort to Check Out My Cards or some other similar site...but who knows.  After all, I didn't expect this particular haul until Tim surprised me with it!

Along with all the set needs, Tim also sent me a bunch of assorted Reds goodies including a few Larkin cards for me.

I only scanned one such Larkin but all of the new cards will eventually get their chance to shine in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection.

Finally, we end with a trio of new cards for me.  The first is a Topps Heritage Ken Griffey Jr. insert of some sort.

The card itself is from 2001, a year that I didn't chase much of the Heritage brand.  Another set from 2001 that I didn't chase was Topps Gallery (though I have opened a bit of Gallery for previous group breaks).  This is my first encounter with a Baseball Bucks card from that set however!

And finally, we end with another oddball.

That's a Cracker Jack "card" (it measures about 1" by 1") of Sean Casey.  I presume this was a prize in a package of the snack!

Thanks for the awesome trade package Tim!  And, as usual, should anyone else want to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments