Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 10 - Packs 1 - 6 (A Packet of Red Minis #/40!)

It's time to crack open the tenth box of the case - and immediately I was rewarded with a surprise in the form of a small packet of minis as my box topper.

Box 10:
Box Topper:

The red minis are numbered out of 40 - in my case I landed:
Matt Holliday (32/40)
Nick Swisher (26/40)
Jean Segura (09/40)
Brandon Crawford (19/40)
and
Troy Tulowitzki (30/40)

Not a bad haul, though I won't be collecting the red minis so it's off to eBay with these!

Packs 1 - 6:

The set of five mini red minis were probably the highlight of the first bunch of packs - but there were three other new inserts in there as well!  First, the lone new mini insert from the Birds of Prey set.

The Burrowing Owl is known for living in holes in the ground rather than trees - but while it has "burrowing" in its name, the owl actually uses holes dug by other animals such as prairie dogs and armadillos.

I also got another What Once Was Believed card.

It's hard for me to believe that I haven't yet accumulated the complete set of these cards yet - though I must admit that there is a chance I have since I haven't sorted any of the cards - I just go by memory in terms of which cards I haven't yet seen!  That's one of the advantages of writing all of these posts before most people start posting their own Ginter hauls!

Finally - a nasty little dog-like creature.

That is Bunyip - a creature that "is purported to prefer the flesh of women and children to that of men."  I can only assume a man came up with that myth!

Not a bad start to box #10 - this case has been a blast so far..and there's still 2.75 boxes to go!

Comments

  1. That Burrow Owl card just brings back memories of the Dead Milkmen's song Stuart. Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Burrow Owl card just brings back memories of the Dead Milkmen's song Stuart. Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment