Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 9 - Packs 1 - 6 (A Silk Card #/10 Joins the Fun!)

Although my blog will make it appear like I've been opening six packs of 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter every four hours during the day for the last week or so, the reality is that I'm writing all my posts in spurts around my own work schedule (thank goodness for Blogger scheduling)!  It's actually been a couple of days (in real time) since I last had a chance to open any Ginter - maybe the break will refresh my thoughts when it comes to coming up with stuff to say!

Box 9:
Box Topper:

Box 9 provided yet another oversized reprint box topper.  This time it is Red Sox rookie Rusney Castillo.  I have zero interest in the oversized box toppers (as I've said repeatedly).  I think this might end up on eBay with the rest of the unwanted box toppers!

Packs 1 - 6:

The first six packs out of box #9 were very strong indeed!  I pulled a Max Scherzer 10th Anniversary buyback insert from 2009 that didn't even make the cut for getting scanned!

Instead, we begin with a 2015 full-sized insert from the What Once Would Be set.

The Robot Housekeepers idea certainly owes a lot of its popularity to the cartoon The Jetsons.  Today, however, neither The Jetsons nor robot housekeepers can be found in most houses.  In fact, my wife has one of those little robot vacuums and even that struggles to do a great job...  I don't envision robot housekeepers appearing anytime soon - sorry 1960s housekeepers!

Next, a pair of new mini inserts (yay!):

The Danaus Plezippus (aka Monarch Butterfly) is probably one of, if not the, most well known butterfly in North America.  The Monarch Butterfly is a beast of an insect in that it migrates as far as 3,000 miles every year!

My other mini insert hails from the Mythological Menaces set.

Wisakedjak is difficult to spell - that's my first observation!  According to the card back, Wisakedjak is a god of Cree, Algonquin, and Ojibwa tribes in Canada and the northern U.S.  Wisakedjak was said to have caused the great flood and then is credited with repopulating the world after the flood subsided.

While all of the above cards are much appreciated (except maybe the box topper), the real prize of this first six packs is my first silk card of the case!

That's George Springer in all his silky glory - and it's numbered 05/10 to boot!  This case of Ginter keeps getting better and better!

Comments