Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Archives (and Much More) From David in Alaska (Plus Some Mailing Zip Codes)

I've been quite busy over the past few weeks in terms of working out trades with various people.  I even (finally) got my 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter FOR TRADE page up-to-date!  Even better, I mailed a bunch of packages last week - and another bunch of packages will go out this week.  In fact, if you live in any of the following zip codes you might be getting some mail from me in the near future:
  • 21014
  • 27314
  • 34432
  • 48895
  • 99501
  • 99504
Astute detectives might notice that there are two zip codes in that list that almost match.  In turns out that both are for Anchorage, Alaska.  It's not often that I mail two packages in one trip to the post office to our great, northern state but that's what is happening this week!

Speaking of Alaska, one such trade package is actually my end of a trade with David who happens to reside in Alaska.  I've never managed to get to Alaska so for now trading with people who live there will have to suffice!

David sent me a big 'ol pile of 2015 Topps Archives base cards.  So many, in fact, that I've all but completed the base set.

You might notice I removed any mention of the short prints from 2015 Archives from my want list - that was on purpose.  I'm going to be content with just the base set!

In addition to all of the Archives cards, David also dropped some assorted, random Reds' goodies on me including this rather cool Diamond Kings relic mini of Billy Hamilton.

I'm ever-so-hopeful that Billy Hamilton learns to hit the ball at the big league level since he's a blast to watch when he gets on base.  Unfortunately, he hasn't shown much in the way of signs that he is actually able to hit big league pitching.

While you usually blame a hitter for not being able to get on base, sometimes credit goes to a pitcher for keeping the batters off the base paths.  One such card that celebrates that sort of achievement is this card from 2014 Panini Donruss.

That's a No-No's insert card of Homer Bailey who has thrown two no-hitters for the Reds during his tenure with the team.  I have to admit that I love the colors on this card - it screams late 80s/early 90s (as it should).  Kudos to Panini for that.  Unfortunately, I hate the fact that Bailey's head is virtually chopped off in the image thanks to Panini's hack-n-slash method of "hiding" team logos.

David threw a couple of autographs in the trade package as well - including one where you can actually see a Reds' logo on the card!

I always liked Austin Kearns when he was with the Reds...and the trade that sent him to the Nationals was unpopular with me (and pretty much every other Reds fan).  Ultimately though, basically every player involved in that trade (for both teams) fizzled out.  It was weird - and sort of a sad way to see so many players end their careers.

And finally, let's take a look at someone who's career most definitely heated up after he was traded to the Reds (from Cleveland).

That's Brandon Phillips, gold glove extraordinaire rocking the new black bordered frame from this year's edition of Allen & Ginter!

Many, many thanks for the great cards (and all the Archives help as well) David!  And, as usual, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments