Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 388: 1996 Pacific - #50 - MVP Subset

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Pacific
Card number:  50
Subset:  MVP

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Pacific sets, though my love of Pacific is much for the super crazy sets of the late 90s!  That said, this particular subset card is pretty nice (even if I didn't like Larkin's regular base card from this set as much).  I'm guessing that any playet collector would always think highly of a card that designated their player as the MVP of the league for the previous year - and I'm certainly no exception to that!  If you compare the back of this card to the back of Larkin's regular base card from the same set, you'll notice that the MVP card has little National League logos floating in the background (as opposed to Reds' logos in the regular base card).  Also, while the secondary photograph is definitely similar, they are different - and that's appreciated as well.

All told, this is a solid card...and you can even use it to learn Spanish (a fun side note for most Pacific cards)!

Comments

  1. Oh man I forgot about the Spanish on the back have to go dig thru my cards to find some.

    Love those white hats

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never get tired of watching baseball... this is my uncle's favorite sports
    Pottery Outlet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment