Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! A Green Ink Auto and an Archives SP in a PWE Surprise!

Last month, Gavin (from Baseball Card Breakdown) and I completed a simple little swap of Allen & Ginter box toppers (you can read about his end of the deal here).  I already wrote about my end of that trade - but Gavin felt compelled to send me a second package of goodies because of the extras I threw in for him.  That was very generous - especially when you consider how many 1988 Andy Hawkins Topps cards I unloaded on him!

So, what was in the bonus PWE you ask?  Well, a few cool things including the third-to-last 2013 Topps Archives short print that I need for my set!

The Mayberry was the big prize for me - tracking down short prints is always a pain...and it's even harder for a set like Archives which doesn't seem to have a lot of fans on the blogs!

Quite honestly, that card alone was worth the price of the stamp (at least for me) but Gavin wasn't done yet.  He also included one of his custom cards - and my version is a green auto button numbered 6/7.

Pretty cool stuff - there's certainly a lot of creativity out there in the blogosphere when it comes to custom cards!

Finally, there were a few random Reds to round out the package including this awesome Jose Rijo card.

I was always a huge fan of Rijo as a kid.  He seemed like a great pitcher who, unfortunately, couldn't ever seem to stay healthy after the Reds won the World Series in 1990.

Many thanks for the bonus cards Gavin!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment