Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Group Break: Who You Calling Junk Wax?!

Another round of group break bonus packs - seriously, this break is insane in terms of the number of packs, blasters, and boxes!  I feel like I've been opening packs for weeks and yet there is still a giant pile of unopened stuff waiting for me!

Anyhow, today's bonus packs are a bunch of Topps packs from the late 80s (and 1990).  Want to know what we got?  Watch the video for everything.

I also decided to scan a couple of my favorites because even junk wax deserves love too.  I also realize that my camera records everything backwards (thus it is hard to read the player's name when I hold a card up).  I thought I had that issue solved but I guess not.

Anyhow, back to the cards.  Highlights included a Frank Thomas rookie (probably the card to pull from a pack of 1990 Topps)!

From the 1987 pack (which had the most cards but ended up being the weakest of three packs in my opinion) we did get a nice Roger Clemens All Star card.

The 1989 pack probably was the best of the three (depending on how you feel about iconic rookie cards I guess).  We pulled a sweet Cal Ripken Jr. card...

...and a pair of really nice Ozzie Smith cards.

Congrats to everyone who accumulated more cardboard!  I'll keep the good vibes going with more group break packs in the near future!


1 comments:

Brian said...

So the preview of this post shows the top 3/4 of the Frank Thomas card and for a brief moment I thought - oh man, No Name on Front?!?! Pulling a regular Frank Thomas rookie is still pretty cool, I have to say.

Post a Comment