Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

My First Bobblehead!

Whenever I turn on the news, there seems to be no shortage of awful, terrible people in the world.  There's fighting, killing, lying, cheating...basically, you name it and you can find it on your evening news.  In fact, it's all enough to make one think that there are no good people left in the world.

And that's where our little corner of the internet comes in.

Oh sure, we all lead different lives, have different interests, and root for different sports teams...but we all share a common bond of having fun and enjoying little pieces of cardboard.

For as weird as that sounds, I actually think the world would be better off if there were more people out there like us - and one of the best of us is Joe (he who has no blog that I am aware of).

Joe is another avid Reds' fan (and Larkin collector) who happens to have the luxury of living in Ohio where there are way more cool opportunities for Reds' stuff (and Reds' experiences)!  However, Joe is an awesome guy who shares in his wealth of Reds' stuff by trading with me a few times each year.  Flash back to last December and it was me who actually had something Reds' related for Joe - a couple of the 2015 Topps High Tek cards that I ended up buying duplicates of from eBay (I'm an idiot sometimes).

Well, I know that Joe would like them - and after verifying that he did in fact still need the cards for his collection I mailed them off, happy to help a fellow collector (especially one who has helped my own Larkin collection grow over the years).

And then, not all that long later, a big 'ol package shows up in the mail.  From Joe.

And in it?

Before you see my first ever bobblehead, I'd like to invite you to check out my latest group break offering - a full jumbo case of 2016 Topps Series 1.  As of the time I wrote this, there are a TON of teams still available - so check it out!  I even did tiered pricing so that fans of some of the "lesser" teams can get in on the fun - plus Topps usually has a nice mix of all teams included in its flagship offering.  Go here to check it out.

------------------------------


Well, the biggest item (and I do mean big) was my first Barry Larkin bobblehead!

And from another angle.

That surprise was pretty cool, but Joe one upped it that by including a few more Barry Larkin baseball cards for my collection as well.  In fact, there were seven in the package - none of which I had yet featured on my blog.

A could of those cards were duplicates (I haven't gotten around to scanning/writing about them yet) but the majority were in fact brand new!  Many, many thanks Joe!

What an awesome mail day - and proof that there are in fact awesome people out there in the world...we just don't get to hear enough about the good people of the world!

Comments

  1. Nice bobblehead Chris! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would like it, Chris.
    Thanks for the kind words, but I just like to share the Larkin Love, brother. Make it a great year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment