Featured Post

Delivery TIme! Sportscards from the Dollar Store - How Come MY Dollar Stores Don't Have Sports Cards?

I'm still working my way down through the rather large stack of mail packages that have arrived at Casa de Nachos over the past few weeks.  I actually got very little in the way of fun mail last week...but all that meant is that I was able to whittle my mail stack down a bit!

Today's post is courtesy of Douglas over at Sportscards from the Dollar Store.  Douglas sent me a nice package full of Reds, plus a couple of 2015 Topps Stadium Club cards from my want list.  In fact, this Chipper Jones was a needed card from the set!

And yes, I purposely led off this trade post with a non-Reds card just to get you to click.  Aren't I evil?

What's not evil is getting some new Ken Griffey Jr. cards in the mail - and Douglas hooked me up with three for my collection.

I hope you enjoyed the two Braves scanned already as well...I'll try to make a habit of sullying up my nice blog with pictures of Atlanta players.  My bad.

Finally, there was this Diamond Kings gem from Panini...

...it's only too bad that Cueto is no longer a Red.  I'm hoping he still pitches well though since I have him on my fantasy team (he was my pitching keeper...which probably tells you way more about the dire state of my pitching staff last year than it does about Cueto).

And finally, a little bit of vintage goodness.

Yeah, I'll never turn down an original Joe Nuxhall card (this one from 1963).  In looking at Nuxhall's card back, I see in 1944 he pitched one game (one inning) and ended up walking five batters as he earned a 45.00 ERA.  That sounds bad until you realize that Nuxhall was only 16 when he did that!  He wouldn't return to the big leagues until 1952 when he pitched in 37 games to the tune of a 3.23 ERA.

Pretty cool look back at history - so thanks for that Douglas!  And, as always, should anyone else want to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments