Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

What in the World is Going on at Nachos Grande?

Seriously folks.  Sometimes I don't understand me.

Now, hear me out because this tale begins way back in the year 2014.  It was back in July of 2014 when I completed a trade with Kyle over at the seldom-updated-but-always-great Nolan's Dugout blog.  The trade went off without a hitch.  I sent Kyle a bunch of stuff from his want list, he sent me a bunch from mine.

Easy peasy.

As I usually do when I get an envelope in the mail, I updated my want lists to reflect the various cards that I now own (and Kyle hit cards from about nine different sets from my want list).  I also marked on the envelope that I had successfully updated my want list.  All that remained for me to do before adding the cards to their respective set binders was to write a blog post publicly thanking Kyle.

That was in 2014.

Somehow, in that time I managed to move to a completely new house...and yet that envelope full of great cards remained just that way...in the envelope.  With my writing on it saying that I had updated my want list.

...

...

...

Now, flash forward about a year or so when I started getting serious about my Great Reorganization.  I went through most of my want lists and made sure everything jived between what was actually in my set binders and what was on my list.

You can probably guess that I had a bunch of cards marked as "owned" and yet they were nowhere to be found.  And so I added those numbers back to my want list.  And then I completed trades for a bunch of them.

...

...

...

And that brings us to May 2016.

I, somehow, find the envelope packed away with a bunch of card stuff that I hadn't really done anything with since my move about a year-and-a-half ago.

I open up the envelope and what do you know - there's a bunch of cards that I need (and a bunch that I now own two copies of thanks to my idiocy).

...
...
...

Well, Kyle.  It's time for me to publicly thank you - and to at least show off a couple of cards that I still needed despite my best efforts at screwing everything up!

Finding that envelope makes me wonder if there are still other gems to uncover when I continue going through the last box or two of card related stuff from the move.  On the other hand, I did manage to get a "surprise" bunch of cards to knock off my want list in what has otherwise been a week of virtually no mail for me!

The good news is that my Great Reorganization is actually working (albeit very slowly).  I now have a much better handle on most of my want list - and I have a lot of the sets that I'm working on now safely tucked away in binders with empty spots in the pages for any missing cards.  It takes a LONG time to do that - and I've been basically working one year at a time (I recently completed the year 2000 for instance).  I still hope to have more to show for my efforts by the end of the summer...and hopefully I'll be able to do a better job of posting trades in a more timely fashion from here on out.

Seriously, that must be a blogger record of ineptitude, no?

Comments

  1. Hey - that's like my tweet from last week when I found about 3000 cards tucked away in a shoebox in the basement. Had to have been down there a good 4-5 years. I'm still trying to sort them all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JediJeff, I'm glad I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment