Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2000 Fleer Tradition Box: Pack 15 & 16 - Yet Another Ripken Box Hit?!

Before I get to today's post about my 2000 Fleer Tradition box, I wanted to give a reminder that I'm about to open FOUR other boxes for a brand new group break.  The break is going to include some high end and mid end stuff including 2016 Topps Finest, 2016 Topps Legacies of Baseball, 2016 Panini Diamond Kings, and 2016 Panini Donruss.  Go here for all the details and to sign up!

-----------------

Today, I am all set to open up packs 15 and 16 from my box of 2000 Fleer Tradition.  Amazingly, I'm still not quite halfway through the box (there are 36 total packs).  I sure do miss boxes loaded with cards (and this set is proof that you don't need to have lots of flashy inserts in order to make a positive impression).

As a reminder, I bought this box with the hopes of getting close to completing (if not outright completing) my 2000 Fleer Tradition set.  Once I get the entire box ripped open and sorted, I'll update my want list with whatever cards that still elude me.  I'm hopeful there won't be many!

Now, it is on to the packs!

Pack 15:
38.  Ricky Ledee
40.  Matt Williams
43.  Denny Neagle
135.  Brad Radke
252.  Phillies prospects (Randy Wolf and Anthony Shumaker)
324.  Tony Womack
354.  Checklist

I always liked the "floating head" checklists.  That said, I still prefer checklists to come as "bonus" cards in packs so that I don't feel bad marking them up.  I can't mark this one up since it's part of the actual base set!
388.  Angels team card
417.  Wilton Guerrero
Who to Watch:  10.  Randy Wolf

This is the second time that I've pulled this card out of this box, that's disappointing.

Pack 16:
57.  Greg Maddux
60.  Brewers team card
66.  Stan Spencer
197.  Ken Caminiti
215.  Troy Percival
242.  Cubs prospects (Cole Liniak and Jose Molina)
279.  Roger Clemens
286.  Jason Veritek
425.  Kevin Young
Cal Ripken Collection:  2.  Cal Ripken, Jr.

The Cal Ripken Collection cards were supposed to be seeded 1:30 packs, meaning in a 36 pack box you'd expect 1, with a slight chance for a second card.  I've now ripped 16 packs and I've already found three such Ripken cards...plus an autograph (1:144 packs).  I'd say this box has been pretty good - now let's just hope it's equally good in terms of producing base cards that I need since that was the real reason I bought the box!

Comments