Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2000 Fleer Tradition Box: Pack 23 & 24 - If Curt Schilling is a "Noted Historian" then What am I?

Today we open up the 23rd and 24th pack from the 2000 Fleer Tradition box.  For most boxes, that'd be it...but not this one.  After today's post, we'll only be two-thirds of the way through the box...it definitely makes me feel more like I get my money's worth from a box this full of cards.

Pack 23:
10.  NL ERA Leaders:  Randy Johnson, Kevin Millwood, Mike Hampton
115.  Kevin Brown
125.  Curt Schilling

Schilling was making the rounds on my Facebook page for his comments a couple of weeks ago regarding Obama's visit to Japan.  The one article that people kept posting was titled "Noted Historian Schilling..."  Now, I don't really care which way you lean politically (or whether you agree/disagree with Schilling).  What I do know is that you can't possibly call Schilling a noted historian, no more than I'm a noted astronaut.
191.  Al Martin
192.  Tom Glavine
289. Chuck Finley
296.  Shawn Estes
376.  Masao Kida
401.  Marlins team
432.  Homer Bush

Yep, a full pack without an insert.  It's actually kind of novel now, but back in the day that was normal.

Pack 24:
28.  Trevor Hoffman
73.  Mike Stanley
140.  Robb Nen
252.  Phillies prospects (Randy Wolf and Anthony Shumaker)
288.  Gabe Kapler
295.  Billy Wagner
345.  Bobby Abreu
359.  Rangers prospects (Corey Lee and Doug Davis)
447.  Yankees and Braves - World Series Game 1
Hall's Well:  6.  Frank Thomas

I always loved the Hall's Well cards - too bad they are pretty rare (seeded 1:30 packs).  The card is printed on a plastic "card stock" which is transparent...you'll have to trust me that the card looks much better in person as compared to the (crappy) scan!

A pretty good pair of packs for me - especially with that awesome Hall's Well card.

Comments

  1. Holey Moley it's a Big Hurt hot box!! Nice "hit"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the smirky Schilling.
    GEORGE: I’m an architect.
    JERRY: You’re an architect?
    GEORGE: I’m not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Frank Thomas is sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment