Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2000 Fleer Tradition Box: Pack 25 & 26 - My Beef with "Traded To" Designations on Cards

I'm still working my way through my box of 2000 Fleer Tradition - 36 packs takes quite awhile to bust open when you stop to itemize every card in every pack!  That said, I love doing it that way since it does prolong the fun - and I feel like I truly get to look over every piece of cardboard...makes me appreciate the set that much more!

Today, I have another two packs ready to rip open - the 25th and 26th packs out of the box.  After today's post, there will still be 10 packs remaining!

Pack 25:
79.  Dustin Hermanson
87.  Bobby Smith
106.  Derek Jeter
170.  Jay Buhner
172.  Andruw Jones
207.  Dante Bichette

I'm curious what everyone thinks about cards like this - Bichette is clearly a Rockie in the photo but Fleer updated the card to show that Dante was traded to the Reds.  For me, I count this as a Reds' card since it's the Reds' logo that is showing...but it always irked me whenever I pulled a card like this as a kid - pick a team, and make the entire card show that team is what I say!
224.  Brett Hinchliffe
261.  Carlos Beltran
262.  Glenallen Hill
425.  Kevin Young

Another insert free pack, but that's not a bad thing since I bought the box with the goal of completing my base set!

Pack 26:
2.  NL HR Leaders (McGwire, Sosa, Jones)

Remember the days of 65 and 63 home runs (McGwire and Sosa respectively)?  The steroid era was something...
101.  Adrian Beltre
105.  Rey Ordonez
111.  Steve Avery
207.  Dante Bichette
235.  Antonio Alfonseca
259.  Bartolo Colon
328.  Jaret Wright
343.  Vladimir Guerrero
367.  Rusty Greer

Two packs, zero inserts.  I don't mind that at all, but I do mind all the duplicates (and triplicates or quadruplicates in the case of Bichette) of base cards that I'm pulling from the box.  It's beginning to look like I'll still need some help finishing off this set once the box is complete - but I haven't actually started going through my want list until I rip the final pack of the box.

Comments