Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: Beginning the 2016 Topps Finest Box!

We've made it to our third box of the group break:  2016 Topps Finest.  Actually, each Topps Finest master box has two mini boxes within it...and each mini box should have an autograph - meaning each full (master) box of Finest contains two autographs.

As usual, I did a full video of me opening the box - and I will post that.  But first, let's see the packs up close with scans.  I'm going to actually start showing off mini box #2 first - mostly because I believe the hit in mini box #1 is the better of the two!

Pack 1:

2.  Ryan Howard - Phillies
65.  Miguel Cabrera - Tigers
85.  David Price - Red Sox
Finest Intimidators:  96FI-DO.  David Ortiz - Red Sox

Purple parallel:  79.  Nolan Arenado - Rockies (#141/250)

The purple refractors are seeded 1:2 mini boxes.  The Finest Intimidators only appear to be listed under the box odds for the various parallels, of which I don't think the Ortiz is a parallel (though I could be wrong).

As a whole, the Finest set is very shiny, very Chrome-esque actually (but with an original design, rather than a base set rehash).  This particular pack was pretty strong - hard to complain about a serially numbered purple parallel for the Rockies...nice color combination for sure!


Comments

  1. I don't like the base design of these. It looks like it's a picture on a 1980's television with rabbit ears that just won't come in correctly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment