Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Do You Like Box Toppers?

My quest for all things Allen & Ginter is greatly aided by my various trade partners.  One of my most loyal Ginter trade buddies is Matt over at Bubba's Bangin' Batch of Baseball Bits.  Once again, Matt and I completed a rather large trade involving Ginter - and now I'm quite a bit closer to my goal of completing the entire 2016 Allen & Ginter set (here's what I still need).

Today, I'm going to show off half (by cardboard volume) of the trade.  This half consists of a bunch of the box loaders - 7 in total!

I enjoyed this year's box toppers much more than in some of the previous iterations of Ginter.  My favorite part of the design is definitely the two small cards embedded in the image - it helps to tie the box topper to the actual Ginter set!

One thing that I couldn't help but notice is that the Mets got a lot of love in the 15 card box topper set.  Of course, it should be no surprise to anyone who followed baseball this year that my Reds had exactly zero representation in this set.  Unfortunately, I doubt the Reds will get anyone in next year's box topper set either...I have a feeling that 2017 won't be much better than 2016 for Cincinnati (or Cincinnati baseball cards)!

I'm intrigued by the image behind Bryce Harper in the above card - it looks like a baseball field that is right next to an old farm homestead.

Thanks to Matt, I am now down to needing only one more card* before I can knock the box toppers off my want list.

*and that card is in hand (edited after I wrote this post)!

Comments

  1. Huge fan of box toppers... and Topps did a great job with this year's A&G cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment