Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 498: 1999 Fleer Brilliants - #103B - Blue Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Fleer Brilliants
Card number:  103B
Parallel:  Blue

Most of the time, I find parallels to be pointless - but every now and then you find one that just looks great.  This blue parallel from the 1999 Fleer Brilliants set is one of those cards.  I love the bright blue - and the card itself is shiny without being an eyesore.  In fact, I would say that this card is nicer than the regular base card by quite a bit.

One other thing that I appreciate Fleer doing with this card is that they changed the number from 103 on the regular base card to 103B for the blue parallel.  This makes sorting cards much nicer for set collectors - no more mixing in parallels with regular base cards.  For my money, this is an example of a parallel done right.

Comments

Post a Comment