Featured Post

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day 11: A 1970s Card that I Think is Great

Today's prompt is:

One of your favorite 1970s cards.

Unlike the 1950s and 1960s, I do own a decent amount of (mostly Reds) 1970s cards.  For the purpose of this prompt, I had to decide between some nice 1975 Reds cards that I own (Ken Griffey and George Foster were leading contenders) or a bunch of 1974 Reds (including a cool Jack Billingham and a nice, no hatted Gary Nolan).  However, when it came down to my final decision the choice was clear:

That's a manager card of one of the all-time best managers (Sparky Anderson).  Not only that, but the card includes floating heads of the Reds' coaches...one of whom is the mighty Ted Kluszewski.  Awesome stuff - and easily the best 1970s card that I own!

Next up...1980s.

Comments

  1. One of my favorite cards in the 74T set also features a Cincinnati Red. It the Pete Rose card where he's bunting. Love how Topps centered the action shot while keeping all body parts intact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to beat floating heads!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment