Monday, April 03, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day 03: A Card from the First Set I Tried to Complete

Welcome to another 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge post.  Today's topic is:

Day 03:  A Card from the First Set I Tried to Complete

For as long as I've collected baseball cards, I have been a set collector.  To be fair though, when I was young I never had anywhere near enough money to actually complete a set...but that didn't stop me from trying.  As best I can remember, the first set that I thought I had a chance at finishing off was the 1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice All-Star insert set.  

It wasn't until years later though that I was actually able to finish the set.  Still, I did come close as a youngster!

Honorable mention for this category goes to 2007 Topps Heritage - the baseball card set that got me re-hooked on baseball cards...and a set that I've completed the base set, all the short prints, all the variations, all the inserts, all the box toppers, AND all the entire chrome set!  I truly went all in on '07 Heritage...and it's one of the few Heritage sets that I've been able to finish off to this day!


1 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

That heritage completion rate is pretty incredible in and of its own right. Very cool!

Post a Comment