Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2017 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 1 - Part 2

I'm working my way through my first box (out of five) of Topps 2017 Allen & Ginter.  For this post, we are looking at the highlights from the middle third of box #1.

Packs 9 - 16:

My first Barry Larkin sighting from the set is his regular base card.  It's a sharp looking card - and I'm super happy to see Larkin included in my favorite brand!

I'm less excited to see another Rediscover Topps card show up - and I'm probably done scanning (and talking about) these things unless I end up with one that is legitimately interesting.

My minis included three regular minis (one of which was a short print), two A&G backs, and a pair of black bordered minis including a short print (seeded 1:130 packs!) of Drew Pomeranz.

My eight mini of the set of packs was my lone mini insert - this time from the 45 card set called World's Dudes.  I got "Pilot Dude" complete with his pilot puppy!

I have to admit I like the old timey feel to the card design - looks good to me (and I can't wait to have the full set in binder pages).

My full sized inserts include two more World's Fairs, four more What a Day cards, and my first Revolutionary Battles card of the Battle of the Chesapeake.

The only other full sized insert was my third Sport Fish and Fishing Lures card of the box, this time of the rainbow trout and the spoon lure.

I love those cards!

The final card of note was my second hit of the box - a plain relic bit for Mookie Betts.

Not the most interesting hit (at least in my eyes) but still a solid bunch of packs.  It's been a fun first box so far, let's see what the final third holds for us!

Comments

  1. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the World's Dudes set. I hope I pull many of those.

    Pulling a stamped 1991 Topps from an old-timey retro set has to be the most jarring, pointless pull of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. World's Dudes. Certainly an all inclusive theme. I appreciate seeing what you're pulling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment