Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 556: 1996 Pinnacle - #51 - Starburst Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Pinnacle
Parallel set:  Starburst
Card number:  51

The Starburst parallel was a partial parallel of the 1996 Pinnacle base set.  I already highlighted Larkin's regular base card in the set - but in this case I have to admit that I like the parallel a LOT better since it uses the Dufex technology.  The Starburst parallel had 100 cards in it for each series (seeded 1:7 packs).  There is also a much rarer (1:47 packs) Starburst Artist's Proof parallel of Larkin that I don't yet own.

In addition to the Starburst Artist's Proof parallel, I am also missing both versions of the Team Pinnacle card of Larkin (which he shares with Cal Ripken, Jr.).  Each version has one player printed using the Dufex technology, but unfortunately both versions have eluded me to date.  And, speaking of eluding me, there is also a First Rate insert set that was retail only that featured Larkin which I need.

Basically, I still need quite a bit more from the 1996 Pinnacle set...but at least this parallel is a start to the collection!

Comments