Featured Post

2000 Fleer Tradition: Packs 7 & 8: More Die Cuts!

The last pack I opened gave me three cards that I needed for my base set.  Besides the base cards (which is the reason I wanted the box in the first place), I'm also hoping for some of the inserts that I'm still working on...and if I get really lucky, maybe one of those 1:144 autograph cards.  And if I'm really, really lucky?  One of those relic Club 3000 cards.  That'd be cool for sure.

Pack 7:
88.  Jose Cruz, Jr.
135.  Brad Radke
174.  Chris Singleton
182.  Tom Davey
262.  Glenallen Hill
292.  Brad Fullmer
426.  Eric Owens
438.  Randy Johnson
447.  World Series Game 1
Club 3000:  Robin Yount

Well, no Club 3000 relic card for me this time around since I pulled the plain ol' version of Yount's Club 3000 card.  I'm actually still trying to collect all of the Club 3000 cards, but Yount was one that I already owned.  Unfortunately, not only was the Yount unneeded for my collection, all of the base cards were also duplicates.  Oh well, can't win 'em all I guess.

Better try a second pack today because that previous pack was disappointing for sure.

Pack 8:
100.  Larry Walker
117.  Mike Trombley
230.  Eric Gagne & Jeff Williams
233.  Magglio Ordonez
267.  San Francisco Giants
302.  Andy Ashby
321.  John Wetteland

395.  Oakland Athletics
404.  Pete Harnisch
Who to Watch:  2.  Matt Riley

I didn't need the insert in this pack either, but I did get one more base card which I guess is good enough.  The needed Wetteland card brings me to a total of 8 cards needed out of the box so far.  The Magglio was the second duplicate from within the box, for those trying to keep track of such things.

Comments

  1. That's one of my favorite Yount cards. I'm still hunting for some of the relic versions, but they go for some good money. The 3000 set is also a confusing one since the insert was spread over so many Fleer products. But the overall design is great and the way Fleer incorporated the relics in the design makes the relic version even that much cool, plus there are so many combinations of the relics to chase.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment