Featured Post

The Three Blaster War: Pulling a 1:1,127 Packs Card!

We are down to our final three packs in each of the three blasters.  At the moment, our standings are as follows:

Current Standings:
Target 1:  42 points
Target 2:  21 points
Walmart:  11 points

As usual, we start with the last place blaster.

Walmart:

34.  Matt Boyd
76.  Chris Taylor
196.  Nick Williams
233.  Robinson Cano
240.  Jose Abreu
302.  Jeff Bagwell

Our second short print out of the three blasters (which is better than expected since they are a tough 1:48 packs this year)!  That's 24 points off the top for Walmart which puts them right back in the running.  I do have to take off 4 points from the Bagwell however because he was part of the Astros' teams that I hated (back when they were the Killer B's in the Reds' division).  The new Astros I love, the old Astros...not so much!  Still, a solid pack!

Pack total:  24 - 4 = 20 points
Total so far:  31 points

Target 2:

84.  Josh Bell
202.  George Springer
235.  Avisail Garcia
263.  Sean Manaea
266.  Aaron Altherr
308.  Carlton Fisk

That Fisk short print is actually a logo swap short print which are seeded 1:1,127 packs!!  By my rules, that would make that card worth about 600 points which seems crazy...especially since I'm a set collector and that Fisk is actually worthless to me (in the sense that it doesn't "fit" in my set since it's a parallel).  Still, I think that's a great pull - and hopefully someone on eBay will agree with me when I get around to listing my cards!  I think I'll award 30 points for the Fisk since a quick eBay search says that it's probably worth around $10 or so despite how difficult of a pull it is.  I also have to give 2 points to Garcia for the awesome retro White Sox uniform and 2 points to Springer for being on the Astros team that I actually like.

Pack total:  30 + 2 + 2 = 34 points
Total so far:  55 points

Target 1:

74.  Noah Syndergaard
95.  Jon Lester
99.  Tyler Glasnow
138.  Jose Urena
152.  Chance Sisco
190.  Matt Kemp

I like the Syndergaard (+2) but then -2 for the Cubs' Lester and -2 for the Dodgers' Kemp.  The Chance Sisco rookie card is a pretty cool card, especially for a rookie.  For whatever reason, I like that one a lot, so much so that I'll give it +5. 

Pack total:  2 - 2 - 2 + 5 = 3 points
Total so far:  45 points

With that round, we have a new leader in the clubhouse and it's Target 2!  I guess a short print seeded 1 in every 4 cases will do that!

Current Standings:
Target 2:  55 points
Target 1:  45 points
Walmart:  31 points

That was a fun round of packs to open.  What are the chances we find anything else cool in the any of the three blasters?  Truth be told, I feel like we've done better than we could have expected/hoped for as it is!  Two more packs remain, however, so who knows?!

Comments

  1. Nice Fisk pull! Those are some odds you beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1:1,127 pull from a blaster box? Nice. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Fisk card. I know I'm biased, but I truly think that he should be on the Red Sox on this card. After all, it's where he established himself as one of the best catchers in the game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment