Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2018 Allen & Ginter: The Last 4 Packs of the Hot Box

We've reached the end of my second box of 2018 Allen & Ginter.  This particular box was a hot box which meant all of the base cards are a glossy parallel.  The one base card that I really want is the Barry Larkin...and so far, no dice.  Still, I have four packs remaining so let's see if I can work some late inning magic here.  I also have one more hit to go which promises to be interesting since I've already found both of the "boring" hits (the version A and version B relics that are essentially one-per-box each).

Box #2:
Pack 21:
126.  Jon Lester
111.  Brian Dozier
272.  Ryan McMahon
349.  German Marquez
268.  Jose Berrios

Regular mini:
200.  Sandy Koufax

Fantasy Goldmine:
FG-41.  Brooks Robinson

Home Run Challenge:
HRC-GS.  Giancarlo Stanton

If that Stanton looks familiar it is because I pulled the exact same card in my first hobby box.  

Pack 22:
222.  Total Solar Eclipse
109.  Sonny Gray
346.  Dwight Gooden
177.  Dallas Keuchel
225.  Lou Gehrig
214.  Josh Reddick

Magnificent Moons
MM-7.  Phobos

A&G back mini:
114.  Jim Thome

The Total Solar Eclipse was pretty cool last year.  Where I live, we didn't get the total eclipse but I was fortunate enough to be on the college campus where I work and so I was able to view the eclipse using some cool telescopes.  I even was able to snap a photo using my camera through the telescope...
From my instagram account

Pack 23:
337.  Dennis Eckersley
100.  Shohei Ohtani
205.  Scott Rogowsky
148.  Luis Severino

World Talent:
WT-24.  Shohei Ohtani

Black border mini:
207.  Ronald Acuna Jr.

Framed relic:
MFR-JV.  Joey Votto

Woah!  Would you look at that pack!  An Ohtani, an Acuna, and a Votto framed relic.  Yeah, I'd say that was the best pack of the box so far...(and with only one pack remaining, probably safe to say this is the best pack of the box period)!

Pack 24:
191.  Freddie Freeman
220.  Theo Epstein
49.  Luke Weaver
107.  Roberto Clemente
74.  Eric Hosmer
26.  Marwin Gonzalez

Regular mini:
87.  Alex Wood

Baseball Equipment of the Ages:
BEA-1.  Vintage Glove

That does it for the second (of four) hobby boxes.  Overall, I was a bit disappointed to not pull the Barry Larkin glossy base card but I did get a Joey Votto framed relic which made up for it.  I'll have more Ginter goodness soon as I still have one more retail blaster and two more hobby boxes to work my way through!  So much typing and scanning...but for Ginter it is worth it!

Also, I probably should have used this box for Gint-a-Cuffs...a hot box with a Reds' relic in it?  Yeah, I would have done alright.  Oh well.

Comments