Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

A Pair of Packs...before I get to Ginter!

My boxes of 2018 Allen & Ginter arrived yesterday...but unfortunately I haven't had the time to rip into them quite yet.  I ended up ordering from Dave and Adams which is only important to the story because with them you get some "free" stuff.  In my case, it was a pair of 2017 Topps Holiday packs (whatever that meant) that Dave and Adams taped together.

Well, what it meant was a pair of super thin silver wrapped packs with absolutely no markings on the packs whatsoever.  I have no idea what to expect with these other than the fact that they are both thin so I'm guessing there won't be many cards inside.

Pack #1:

Alright, so I guess these are some sort of holiday Bowman product...

TH-FM.  Francisco Mejia
TH-RA.  Ronald Acuna
TH-TE.  Thairo Estrada

I've heard of the first two guys (and I guess that Acuna is probably a pretty good pull all things considered).  As for the card design...well, it's very much Bowman like though I do think the team logo looks nifty the way Topps did it.

Pack #2:

TH-GS.  Giancarlo Stanton
TH-JS.  Justus Sheffield
TH-TS.  Tyler Stephenson

Alright, I got a Red in the pack so I'll consider these freebies a win for me!  The other five are all available for trade so hit me up if you are interested.

Hopefully my next post will involve some 2018 Allen & Ginter!

Comments

  1. I'm sure we'll be trading some Ginter in the coming weeks. :D You can add that Acuna to my stack if no one else claims it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be super interested in the Thairo Estrada card! Not sure if I have enough Reds cards but I'll see if I can find something on your want list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The third guy in the first pack just got traded to the Padres and puts Luis Torrens one place deeper on the catcher depth chart, assuming he sticks at catcher. Don't tell Zippy Zappy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment