Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 624: 1998 Topps Tek - #57 - Pattern 28

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Topps Tek
Card number:  57
Pattern number:  28

This is my third (of currently only four) Barry Larkin cards that I own from the 1998 Topps Tek brand.  While owning four cards may sound alright, the truth is that there are 90 (yes, 90!) different versions of each base card to track down...and that's not even including the diffractor parallels which also exist for each of the 90 patterns (except for pattern #49, apparently for reasons that are entirely unclear).

Pattern 28 has a sort of "quilted rope" look to it, if you ask me.  Or maybe it's a square chain-link fence?  Either way, the design is distinct without being overpowering or overly distracting so I approve.  I still have one more pattern to show off in my collection...and then it's back to searching for more 1998 Tek Larkins! 

Only 86 more to go.

Comments

  1. I think that's the nicest tek pattern I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment