Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 643: 2001 Donruss Signature Series - #43

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Donruss Signature Series
Card number:  43

The 2001 Donruss Signature Series is yet another set that totally passed me by back when it was released.  The essence of the set is that it was a hobby only release where each pack was sure to yield an autograph.  While the set does have some big names in the autograph list, from what I can tell the vast majority of the signed cards are from the crop of so-called rookies (not all true rookies) that Donruss incuded in the set.

Luckily (?) for me, there is a Barry Larkin autograph on the master checklist.  He signed 15 copies of a "Award Winning Signatures Master Series" card that you could only get if you attended the 2002 Hawaii Trade Show.  He also signed a mere 5 copies of a Team Trademarks card, also only available at the Hawaii show. 

Besides the autographs, there are a few parallels to chase down of Larkin's in the set but to be honest, I can't really be bothered to figure out exactly which parallels exist for him.  The main reason for that is that the base card design is so underwhelming to me that I don't have a strong desire to actively chase other versions of it!  I mean, don't get me wrong, if someone sends me one I don't have I'll be super happy and grateful, but I don't see myself chasing after the remaining Larkin cards from this set any time soon.

Comments