Featured Post

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #17

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

Team #18 on my list was the Texas Rangers.  One spot better is a rival of the Rangers also from the AL West.

#17:  Los Angeles Angels
Image source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGM3nuNzmu8

Unlike the Rangers, I can actually name a few Angels.  Obviously, Mike Trout gets main billing but there are other Angels that I can root for as well (ex-Reds Zack Cozart being one such player).  In fact, by and large, the Angels seem like a perfectly likable team, or at least they don't seem to be overly hate-able.

All that said, if you are a team that ends up in the middle third of my rankings, you basically don't register much in the way of any sort of real emotion (positively or negatively) in me.  Much like the Rangers, the Angels play out west so I don't get to see many of their games...and when I do, the team itself seems rather "ho hum" to me. 

Another thing that is kind of a bummer about the Angels is that they are another team without many card collectors out there.  Oh sure, lots of people like Mike Trout cards but there aren't many people who are willing to take non-superstar Angels cards off of my hands.  I think blog trading definitely plays a role in how I look at the various MLB teams these days.  I know it plays a role in whether or not I consider a box rip successful (for example, if I get a Dodgers hit I know there are plenty of people who might be interested but if I pull a Marlins hit then I know I'll own that bit of cardboard until the day I die because no one collects Marlins cards).

That basically sums up the Angels to me.  Perfectly adequate.

Next up, we stick with the American League some more but it's time to change divisions.

My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
#17:  Los Angeles Angels
to be continued...

Comments

  1. An Angels post without a mention of Ohtani? Quite refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the Angels, but I always seem to find players on their team to root for: Doug Decinces, Rod Carew, Bobby Grich, Jim Abbott, and now Ohtani.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment