Featured Post

Completing Some More Sets!

One of my stated blog resolutions of 2019 is to get my want list down to under 100 sets, one way or another.  Of course, the ideal way to get below the 100 mark is to complete set (otherwise I'm going to have to make some tough choices about which sets to no longer collect come December 2019)!  Luckily for me, I keep making incremental progress on my set goal, mostly thanks to some purchases of my own from Check Out My Cards.

Today's cards are all from a recent eBay win from COMC.  That's kind of a weird way to do things if you are COMC, but it worked out for me as I got to benefit by getting a bit in the way of eBay bucks for a future purchase.  Anyhow, without further ado let's see what I was able to nab.

First up (and a theme for today's post), an Allen & Ginter mini.

This one is from 2014 A&G and it's the elusive Piranha from the World's Deadliest Predators set.  That's last of the "normal" cards that I needed from that set, but I did one better thanks to the next card I bought.

That's another card from the 2014 World's Deadliest Predators set.  The Cone Snail was only available if you bought special binders directly from Topps (at least I think that's how you got them).  The card was not available in packs anywhere as far as I know.  Luckily for me though, I was able to grab this at a decent price and so my insert set is completed finally!

My third mini that I bought was another one of those exclusive minis from 2014.  This time, from the Into the Unknown set.

Hernan Cortes was a rough guy who invaded Mexico 500 years ago.  He took the Aztec leader Montezuma II hostrage while he ransacked the capital.  Not nice, but it is nice to have his card finally tucked away in its slot in my binder page!

The fourth and final card that I needed from this purchase was that of Diego Velazquez, an artist from the Where Nature Ends set.

With those four minis in my binder, I can now say that I have completed three more sets this year!  It's always fun to knock off sets - and getting that last card that's been eluding me for years?  So much sweeter!

My COMC purchase wasn't only A&G minis, but I'll have to show off the rest of the cards another day - though I will quickly highlight this Larkin card that I grabbed.

I don't have a lot of Larkin promo cards so this one was an easy "add on" to my cart prior to checking out.    There's some more good stuff to show off from my purchase, but this was it in terms of completing sets off my want list.  As always, if you have anything I could use I'd love to work out a trade!  Check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments

  1. Congrats on completing the predators set. That's one I liked a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish more promo cards would make it into blog posts. I try to add promos to my collection whenever I can find them on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a "case" of these binders (6 of 'em) way back when. I was very upset because all 6 had the same 3 minis (out of six). I had to go find those same three minis awhile ago too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment