Featured Post

Flashback Friday! A Pair of 2015 Topps Archives Packs

Happy Friday, everyone!  For today's Flashback Friday post I'm going to rip a pair of packs from the 2015 Topps Archives set. 

Back in 2015, I bought a bunch of the Archives set - so much so that I actually completed the base set as well as some of the inserts.  As of the time of this post, there's only one more card from the set that I'm trying to track down:  the Will Ferrell insert of him as a White Sox (#7 in the set).  Will I somehow luck out and land that card in either pack today?  I can hope - but I won't hold my breath!

Pack 1:

Each of the packs only contains four cards so you don't get a lot for your money here.  Even worse, three of the four cards (all base) were from the same subset of cards with the same design.  Boring!  At least I pulled a nice Sandy Koufax card, that was easily the highlight from the first pack.

Pack 2:

Once again, only four cards (and again all base) but at least this time we get to see the third base card design used in the 2015 set.  The player selection here was quite a bit worse than in the first pack, for my money there is no standout player.  Of course, if you collect the Phillies, Mets, Braves, or Indians you may disagree with me!

Well, that was a pair of rather ho-hum packs seeing as how I already own all of the base cards.  Should you desire any of the cards that I showed off, let me know and we can hopefully work out a trade!

Comments

  1. I'm guessing these four-card packs were $3 or more? That might fly if it was a Chrome set, but Archives? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 card packs? Must be made for Dollar Tree or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of the many Dollar Store packs that came in the Wal-Mart 50-pack bundles I bought, and I believe they only come with base, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment