Featured Post

Breaking Boxes and Busting Dodgers

Half of my box of 2018 Panini Donruss is now ripped which means half the box remains.  I still have one more promised hit lurking as well...maybe I'll get an autograph as my third hit (my first two hits were both relics, see yesterday's post for those).

Pack 13:

First pack into the third quarter of the box and I get a new base card, nice.  Having be a sweet looking Ozzie Smith card is even nicer (trust me, there are plenty of base cards in this set that don't look nice)!

Pack 14:

What's better than one new base card?  How about two new base cards for my set?!  The Indians are well represented here with both Kluber and Ramirez making appearances. 

Remember how I said some base cards are quite bad?  I'd put that logo-less Kluber in the shadows in the "bad card" category.  That said, I'm still glad to finally own it for my set, even if it is ugly.

Pack 15:

The only card worth mentioning in pack 15 was that American Pride #/999.  I can't say that this card is anything I aim to collect.

Pack 16:

Two more base cards knocked off the want list with this pack (Mantle and Contreras) but I had to go with a scan of my teal parallel of Elvis Andrus (#/199). 

Pack 17:

Another big pack in terms of cards for my set - the biggest in fact since it yielded three new cards for me including that sweet Duke Snider. 

Pack 18:

The final pack of the third quarter of packs yielded one more new base card (Bryce Harper) but once again I have to highlight the serially numbered card...and you'll never believe what team it's for.

Oh wait, yes you will.

Another freaking Dodger.  That's Corey Seager #226/258.  And yes, it's my second serially numbered parallel of Corey Seager in the box.  I'm telling you, I should have been a Dodgers fan as that's all I seem to pull these days - especially from 2018 Donruss!

And with that, six packs remain in the box (including my final hit hopefully).  Maybe I'll get one of those elusive Ohtani autos?

Comments

  1. Best of luck on pulling one of those Ohtani autographs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment