Featured Post

COMC - Part 5: Mini Flags

It's been a few days since I last showed off parts of my latest COMC haul so I figured I better get back to it before the calendar flips over to February (especially since I made this order back last November)! 

For today, we turn the clock back to 2007 for a bunch of minis from the Flags of All Nations mini set in 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter.

I was able to nab seven different mini flag cards that I needed, each for a decent enough price.  With this purchase, I'm only six more flags away from completing the mini set!  This is another set that I seriously hope to finish off before the end of 2020.  I'd love to start checking off entire years from my want list and the 2007 needs remaining on my list are small enough that I might be able to cross of the year if I work at it!

Enough chatter though, let's look at the cards.  First up, three countries that I've never had the opportunity to visit:  Ireland, Japan, and Peru.

My parents went to Ireland a couple of years ago and loved it.  I used to do a ton of origami (lots of math in that) and so visiting Japan would be neat.  I'm also super interested in Peru, definitely a bucket list country for me! 

The other four cards all featured places I have actually visited:  Canada, Jamaica, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.

My wife and I are thinking about trying to do another Caribbean cruise at some point during the cold Pennsylvania winter.  We (probably) won't be going to Jamaica on a cruise this time around but that's how ended up there in the past.  The United Kingdom (England in particular) was the site of my first international travel (and also the first time I helped lead young students abroad). 

With those seven cards tucked away in my binder, I'm down to needing only the following six cards:

  • 22 Iceland
  • 23 India
  • 24 Indonesia
  • 26 Israel
  • 45 Taiwan
  • 50 United States of America
When/if I track down the remaining six I probably won't have any interesting stories to tell about my travels there since (other than the US obviously) I've never been to any of the remaining countries on my want list.  

I still have a few more cards to show off from COMC including one more mini from 2007 (not a flag card, however).  On a related note, if you happen to have any cards from my want list available for trade please let me know!  I'd love to work out a swap.

Comments

  1. This is a pretty good looking set, I know that they've done other flag sets, but this one looks the closest to the original 1888 set that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite A&G insert sets of all-time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment