Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 889: 1990 Star Nova - #108

Barry Larkin
Year:  1990
Brand:  Star Nova
Card number:  108


Here's the third and final 1990 Star Nova card that I was able to purchase recently for my collection.  This particular card highlights Larkin's "personal data" which in this case means a nice paragraph write-up plus his height and weight and handedness for batting and throwing.  The write-up on the back is particularly nice in that it gives some updates on Larkin's extended family (wife and siblings) that you don't often get on baseball cards.  Unfortunately, I think the front photo is one of the worst images in this particular Star Nova set.  I'm not sure exactly why, maybe it's the weird shadows, maybe it's the weird frame job.  Whatever it is, it simply doesn't come together well for me on the front...but that card back write-up saves it all and keeps this as a great addition to my Larkin Collection!

Comments