Featured Post

I'm Sick of Being Sick (Monday TCDB Edition)

I spent all this past weekend sick (not covid, thankfully).  Whatever bug I have knocked me for a loop though - and I'm kind of afraid it'll happen more often now that my son is in preschool (i.e. germ central).  Ugh.  

Anyhow, here's to a new week starting (and me finally starting to feel better).  What better way to celebrate than some TCDB trades from the previous week?

We'll start with a single card envelope from user Braveheart:


That's a 2005 SP Legendary Cuts card of Barry Larkin which happens to be numbered out of 399.  I don't know much at all about higher end sets (of which I consider SP Legendary Cuts to be).  This is one of the Classic Careers inserts from the '05 set.  I'm guessing there is a relic version of the same card design and presumably that giant foil spot would be replaced with a relic (I'm also going to say the relic version would look nicer in a scan)!

My other TCDB trade came courtesy of user CubsSTLsets:


That's a 2018 Donruss Optic parallel (this one being the not-so-cleverly-named "Red and Yellow" parallel).  The Optic set has a bunch of parallels but I've only recently even gotten around to updating my 2018 Barry Larkin haves and wants so hopefully I'll have more Larkin cards from 2018 to show off in the future (after all, according to my spreadsheet I still need 162 different Barry Larkin cards from 2018 alone - and that's only counting cards with a stated print run of at least 25 copies)!  Yikes!

That does it for the past week on TCDB.  Not bad, all things considered.  Definitely nice to keep adding to my Larkin collection - now I need to get my butt in gear and get my 2019 Larkin collection updated on the site...and then 2020...and 2021...and 2022.  So much to do, so little time.


Comments

  1. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! Lots of stuff going around. I have something now as well. My wife got hit hard for 2 weeks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment